Online Event Terms & Conditions
1. Registration. You shall attend the Online Event on the date and time for which You registered. Each Attendee must register and accept this Agreement. To facilitate your organization registering multiple attendees, Directions allows you to register up to five attendees. If You are registering on behalf of another individual, or if your organization decides to substitute another Attendee in your place at the Event for which you registered, You have the responsibility to notify the substitute or other Attendee that you expressly and affirmatively accept this Agreement on their behalf.
2. Event Fee. The Event Fee covers your attendance at the Event and any Directions’ training materials supplied to attendees. Full payment of the Event Fee must be received by Directions 15 days prior to the start of the Event. Your registration is not confirmed until Directions receives the full payment of the Event Fee.
3. Cancellation and Refunds. If You cancel a confirmed registration for the Event prior to 15 days before the first day of the Event, Directions will allow You to transfer the Event Fee to the next offering of the Event, or Directions will refund the Event Fee, minus a $500 administrative fee. If You cancel less than 15 days before the first day of the Event, You will not receive any refund of the Event Fees.
4. Other Expenses. You are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with your attendance.
5. Communications and Notice. You agree Directions can contact You regarding the Event or any communications regarding this Agreement by e-mail, at the e-mail address provided when You registered for the Event. This includes confirmation of your attendance at the Event. Directions is not responsible for e-mail communications that You do not receive because the e-mail was not delivered due to your e-mail provider’s SPAM or junk mail filters.
6. Publicity Waiver and Release. Directions may take photographs and record short segments of audio and video during the Event for Directions’ marketing and promotional activities. In consideration for your attendance at the Event You grant Directions the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness and to use that likeness with your name and your company’s or organization’s name, for any future Event publicity activity including without limitation any written materials such as brochures and e-mails, and postings to websites or social media, without any further approval from You and without any payment to You or your company or organization.
8. Event Content. Directions takes all reasonable steps to ensure the information provided at the Event is accurate. However, as Microsoft constantly changes product and service names, pricing information and licensing rules, the information will be current as of the first day of the Event. You acknowledge and agree that Directions, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, and moderators.
9. Copyright. All Event materials, including handouts, books, pamphlets, slides, illustrations, and other content, are copyright Directions on Microsoft. You may not copy or reproduce such materials. If You and your organization need additional copies of such Event materials for the Event You attended, You or your organization can order an authorized reproduction of such materials from Directions for a nominal fee up to three months from the start date of the Event.
10. Warranties and Exclusive Remedies. Directions represents and warrants to You that all services provided at the Event will be performed in a professional manner, conforming to generally accepted industry standards. DIRECTIONS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID AS EVENT FEES BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE EVENT THAT GAVE RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. DIRECTIONS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOSS OF DATA, OR FOR COVER AND THE LIKE, EVEN IF DIRECTIONS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF THE OCCURRENCE OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU MUST REPORT ANY DEFICIENCIES IN THE EVENT TO DIRECTIONS IN WRITING WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF COMPLETION OF THE EVENT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE WARRANTY REMEDIES. THE WARRANTY HEREIN IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- 10.1 Exclusive Remedy. For any breach of the above warranty, Attendee's exclusive remedy, and Directions’ entire liability, shall be the ability for You to attend the next offering of the Event. If Directions is unable to offer the Event again as warranted, You shall be entitled to recover the Event Fees paid to Directions for the deficient services. IN NO EVENT SHALL DIRECTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY SERVICES PROVIDED AS PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC DAMAGES.
11. Additional Terms.
- 11.1 Assignment and Delegation. Neither party may assign its rights or delegate its obligations under this Agreement without the consent of the other party. A party shall not unreasonably withhold its consent.
- 11.2 Successors and Assigns. This Agreement binds and benefits the parties and their respective permitted successors and permitted assigns.
- 11.3 Merger. This Agreement states the final and exclusive agreement between the parties regarding the transaction that this Agreement contemplates. It supersedes all previous negotiations and agreements.
- 11.4 Counterparts. The parties may execute this Agreement in counterparts, each of which is an original, but all of which constitute only one agreement between the parties.
- 11.5 Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable, that provision is severed from the Agreement, and the other provisions remain in effect only if the essential business and legal provisions are legal and enforceable.
- 11.6 Governing Law. The laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, govern all matters arising under or relating to this Agreement, including torts.
- 11.7 Force Majeure. The Event is subject to acts of God, government authority, disaster, or other emergencies, any of which may make it illegal or impossible for Directions, or the Event venue, to provide the facilities and host services for the Event or make it illegal or impossible for the Attendee to attend the Event. A registration may be cancelled for any one or more of such reasons by e-mail notice from Directions to the Attendee without liability on the part of Directions. In the event that the Event cannot be held or is postponed due to acts beyond the control of Directions, Directions shall not be liable to You for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, or financial losses. Under such circumstances, You may choose to have your Event Fees applied to a future event or refunded in full.